Monday, May 18, 2015

You Used Baking Soda and What??



I have really been making an effort to move my family over to a healthier and more natural lifestyle. Some parts are way easier than others. I recently posted about my newfound love of essential oils. Well, in my research for more natural ways to do this and that, I came across this absolutely AMAZING concoction for cleaning the greasiest of things!! Yep!! A natural cleaner for grease, grime and oily gook!!

I never in a million years would have thought that mixing baking soda and peroxide would make the most dreaded kitchen tasks literally a breeze!!

All you do is take the baking soda and add peroxide. You want to make a paste out of it. Smooth a layer on whatever it is that you are trying to clean. You can let it sit for just a bit and then it will wipe completely or if you do not have the extra time, use just a bit of elbow grease and a scrubby sponge and it comes completely clean!!

Now I will admit, when I first saw this I was super skeptical. Scrubbing the stove and my cookie sheets has always been a pain in the butt and a dreaded task! The first time I tried it on my stove top. Right around the edge of the burners there was cooked on grime. By the time I spread it around the edge of all 4 burners, made myself a drink and went back to check it, the magic was already worked!! It literally wiped away with a cloth! I was in shock and awe!

Tonight I took my pizza pan that my amazing hubby decided to use on the grill. Yes, he literally used to pan to cook on the grill... I made the paste up and smoothed a layer all over the pan. I used the scrubby sponge and the cooked on crud was literally jsut wiping away. Now on this pan, I did have to apply the paste twice but, I kid you not, it looks good as new!!

In the past I have tried sooo many cleaners on both the stove top and my stubborn pans and they never came clean like I wanted them to without tons of sweat and scrubbing.

I do think I am beginning to like this natural lifestyle more and more!!

2 comments:

  1. My husband's grandmother introduced me to this several years ago. It's a chemical saver, and a penny saver! I just got done cleaning my grout with it! Works like a champ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using baking soda as a scrubber for years, I don't even mix Peroxide with it, but it would probably save me a little elbow grease if I did, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete