Friday, May 15, 2015

Lemons... Lemons Everywhere!!

I have recently become ever so slightly obsessed wit trying to bring a healthier lifestyle into our home. Now mind you, it is baby steps because there are some things that my husband just simply turns his nose up at!
He isn't the only one.. some things are just hard to change after a life time of habit.
My new found love is essential oils!! Up until a few months ago I had never heard of them really except for tea tree oil. I ended up joining a crunchy mom group on fb and my curiousity skyrocketed from there!! There are literally millions of uses for essential oils!! Now while you can use there for so many things.. there are certain ones that can't be used for this or that, or on babies, or in combination etc. I am still learning the ins and outs of each individual one.
One of my absolute favorites is Lemon Essential Oil!! This stuff is amazing!! I used it today to make a cleaning solution. !/2 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup water and about 25 drops of lemon oil. The house smells absolutely AMAZING and my tile floors are clean and streak free!! I've also been using it on my wood dining table to add a bit of moisture to it. I've read many articles that have said lemon is supposed to brighten your mood and today I have found that to be very true!! I feel much more alert and able to focus as well without an energy drink. Maybe it's a coincidence.. I dunno. I guess future use will tell for sure!!
What are some of your favorite essential oils? What do you use them for?

No comments:

Post a Comment