Sunday, May 31, 2015

Boredom Busters

The school year is coming to a close and parents everywhere will soon be hearing the dreaded "I'm Bored" I have compiled some sure ways to beat thos Boredom Blues!!


I can remember as a kid I used to beg my parents for quarters so I could get Gak from the machine when we went to the store. This awesome recipe for homemade Gak is guaranteed hours of fun for the kids!! The best part? You likely already have all of the ingredients at home!


When I stumbled across this fun activity I couldn't help but think how much fun the kids will have with this!! Our local Dollar Store has pool noodles and marbles for a buck each! I'm pretty excited to reveal this project to the littles!!


One of the absolute BEST memories I have from childhood is making Blanket Forts!! We would take every single blanket in the house and make a huge fort. We would spend the entire day playing in it and then beg our parents to let us sleep in it! We thought it was by far, the coolest thing ever!! Building a super cool fort just takes a bit of imagination but if you need a bit of motivation, you can find easy instructions here.


Plan a Scavenger Hunt. You can alter it to fit any age group. Kids absolutely love to explore and discover and they will have so much fun with this activity!!


You will without a doubt hear "I'm Bored" within the first week of summer. Hopefully these activities will get you started on the road to fun!!

19 comments:

  1. Such a cute plan! I am a retired elementary principal and I would have used all y our ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I am super excited to try them!! And bless you for being an elementary principal!! I worked at an elementary school for several years. Loved it!!

      Delete
  2. I love the tents, we are always making some sort of fort or tent with whatever is around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are the same way! My kids absolutely LOVE it!

      Delete
  3. My kids will loooove these! So glad there are people out there more creative than me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited to try them with my kiddos!! Let me know how yours like them!

      Delete
  4. Love the marble ramps. Though, my kids know not to say they're bored. I'll find a chore for them to do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure I will devise that plan before the summer is over lol!!

      Delete
  5. My daughter love home made goo and my son loves his "tents" a.k.a forts we make in his room. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are AWESOME!! Adding to my girl guide to do list! Omgosh the Gak. Honestly who didn't want that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! have so much fun with them!! Yes, the GAK was sooo much fun!!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I am super excited to try this one with my kiddos!

      Delete
  8. Love all these! Blanket forts are one of my fave memories too. Can't wait to do that with my kids :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they will love it! I surely did and my kids do too!

      Delete
  9. All of these are great ideas! I loved making tents with blankets growing up. My youngest son likes to build his with big boxes. Pinning this! Visiting from Link it to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have you stop by!! I always love connecting with new bloggers :)

      Delete
  10. The pool noodle race is so cool! So easy and cheap too! And blanket forts are the best! Great post Shelley! Thanks for joining the Link-It To Me Link Up Party, hope you will party with me again next week :)

    ReplyDelete