Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Sweet Lavender Bliss



If there was any doubt in my mind about the use of essential oils, it was all washed away last night.. while I was getting a full night of sleep! Yes, that is right... a FULL NIGHT!!
My three youngest kids are 3,4, & 5. Every single night one or more of them wakes up to either get in our bed, needing a drink, wanting to sleep on the couch.. just something to interrupt mommys sleep.
In my research on the many benefits of essential oils, I came across homemade linen spray. Lavender is known for it's calming effect and it was said that spraying it on your pillow will make for a blissful night of sleep. Had to be worth a shot right?!? It sure as heck couldn't hurt!
So I got out my little spray bottle and decided to mix up a batch while the kids were in the shower. I spray their pillows and blankets with a light mist. I immediately loved how it made the entire room smell!
Now this did not make them crash right out as soon as their head hit the pillow but they were pretty calm considering they had naps yesterday. Everyone just relaxed and laid there quietly and once they did fall asleep, they stayed asleep!! I actually woke up at 5 am in a bit of a shock and made the rounds to check on everyone.
You could tell when they woke up this morning they were well rested. They were not whiney and clingy as they can sometimes be. I will certainly be trying this again tonight and fingers are crossed for the same results!!

1 comment: