Sunday, June 7, 2015

Day 1 of The Challenge

I am, without a single doubt, horribly addicted to Pinterest. Ok, it is not a horrible thing. It provides me with incredible recipes for dinner, and amazing ideas for home decor that I can actually afford! Well, in my daily pinning, I came across a 31 day blog challenge. I do after all love a challenge so, for the next 31 days, I will be posting something that is a bit more personal about myself. No worries, I will not totally bore you with random facts and tidbits about myself. I will still blog about other stuff just as I have been. This challenge is just an added bonus!


Day 1: Introduction

So, who exactly is this lady pecking away on the keyboard? I am a 37 year old wife and mother of 4. My kids are 3,4,5 & 19. Give me the toddlers over a teenager any day!! We currently live on the Southwest coast of Florida. We moved here just over 6 years ago. I was born and raised in Mississippi and one day just decided to pack all I could and head south to start over with my boyfriend at the time (he is now my husband).

I am a stay at home mom, a freelance writer, and a blogger. While I absolutely LOVE being home with my kids and being here for all of their firsts and learning experiences, it is by far, the hardest job I have ever had! They will all be in school this coming up school year and I will be at an absolute loss. My role of wife and mom are very important to me and while I cherish it, I have lost myself somewhere along the way. I forget to make time for myself and I'm really trying hard to get better at that. A bit of soul searching I guess you could say.

I decided to get back into blogging after taking a break for a couple of years. Let's face it, having 3 toddlers in the house just doesn't allow much extra time for things like blogging. But, now that they are getting a little older and starting to do more on their own, I figured it was the perfect time to get back into it. After all, my blogging is totally me... I get to be myself, speak what is on my mind, be totally random if I want, and just let it all flow.

While I am very random, I am also a bit outspoken... ok more than a bit. I am ALOT outspoken. Sometimes, too much so for my own good.

I have the need to nurture. Maybe it is because I am the oldest of 4 kids and had a mother who didn't take the responsibilty of being a mom too seriously. I had to grow up pretty darn quick and that responsibilty has just kinda stuck with me. Within our group of friends, I am the mother figure. Everyone comes to be for advice or expects me to be the voice of reason. It is a hat I wear well.

As the challenge moves on, you will see much more of who I am, who I was, and who I hope to someday become. It is sure to be a rollercoaster ride. Wanna join in the fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment